The Bibliography Department of Archival Library was founded on November 21, 1921. It comprises the general analytical retrospective bibliography of Estonian periodicals published until 1944, opening the contents of the publications. At the beginning of 2004 the extent of the reference stock of the department was 2,311,000 items. The whole reference stock is preserved mostly in the following files:
At the beginning of 1999 the extent
of the reference stock of the department was 2,180,000 items.
The reference stock is preserved mostly
in the following files:
A systematic file (1821-1944) - supplies informa-tion arranged thematically: culture, education, economy, politics, etc. A systematic file also provides information on other countries. The file contains 1,083,700 cards.
A personal file (1821-1944) - supplies information concerning the writings of the persons filed as well as infor-mation concerning the persons - 553,400 cards.
A place file (1821-1944) - supplies information arranged according to location (region, town, village, etc.) - 291,500 cards.
File of pseudonyms - 22,000 cards.
Since 2004 bibliography of the newspaper "Postimees" of 1930ies and several magazines (ca 42,000 entries) has been available on home page of the Literary Museum: http://www.kirmus.ee.
Compilation of bibliography is web-based and data base is being completed every day. Inquiries can be made by personal name, place name, subject word, UDK, title or part of title and any word or by registers.